Mohawk Valley Center for the Arts, Inc
401-403 Canal Place, Canal Place, Little Falls, NY 13365
The Mohawk Valley Center for the Arts in Little Falls, New York manages an art gallery as an integral part of its operation as a multi-arts center. The gallery is dedicated to presenting a very high standard of creative, innovative work representing all disciplines.
1. The gallery requests 10 images that represent the artist's work. Slides, photographs or disc of artist's work must be submitted for review by the Fine Arts Committee. No works sent by e-mail will be reviewed.
2. The artist is to submit a resume, exhibition proposal, and a self addressed stamped envelope with correct postage for return of your images.
3. If you are interested in being considered for placement on our gallery schedule please respond to the above address.
4. You will be notified after the committee review. If accepted, we will be sending you suggested dates of an exhibit, the time line and a gallery map. A contract will be issued when a date for the exhibit is confirmed.
Our exhibition policy is designed to make exhibiting in our gallery as pleasant and stress free for the artist as possible.
1. We handle all press releases and a mailing is sent to our general list plus the artist's personal list of 100 names.
2. You may hang your show or the committee will hang it for you.
3. The Arts Center will host an opening reception for the public and free of charge to the artist.
4. The gallery is protected by an electronic security system and has full fire protection plus a comprehensive insurance policy.
5. The gallery is open five days a week and is located in an attractive commercial area on the banks of the historic Erie Canal.
6. The Arts Center's commission is 30%.
7. The Arts Center will provide a black and white postcard free of charge or the artist has the option of 500 full color postcards for a cost of $150.00. The Art's Center will take care of the design layout, the printing, and the costs of the mailing. The artist needs to supply a photograph or a CD image of at least 300 dpi, and title of show for a color postcard.
8. The artist is responsible for a gallery talk in conjunction with the opening reception.
9. No artwork will be removed prior to the closing date of the exhibit
10. The artist is responsible for picking up the artwork in the day stated after the closing date. If this is not possible, other arrangements must be made in advance. We have very little safe storage space and can not be held responsible for damage or loss after the arranged date.
11. We do not pay for shipping of artwork
© 2018 Mohawk Valley Center for the Arts.
All rights reserved.